Sun and Shade, Which Seeds Need Which?
When you shop with Newsom Seed, you will notice that most of our product is marked specifically for use in sun and shade. For a healthy, attractive lawn, it is important to accurately follow the instructions for each of our seed mixes.
When you shop with us, we give you a detailed and accurate set of instructions about sun and shade grass seed and what different conditions, temperatures and locations our products will thrive in. Our products are formulated to best fit the conditions of the Mid-Atlantic and can withstand the variations in climate. We have the best seeds available for both sun and shade areas.
Seeding Sun and Shade: Best Sunny Seed Mix
Newsom Premium Mix: This is the most popular premium mix available and can tolerate summer conditions including heat and drought.
- Newsom Hydro-Mix: This is the most popular hyrdoseeding mix and can stand heat and drought. It is best used for home construction, industrial sites and other new construction.
- Newsom 90/10 with Thermal Blue: This sun and shade grass seed is best used for athletic fields, home lawns and other open areas without much shade.
- Winning Colors Tall Fescue Blend: This tall blend withstands heat, brown patches and is drought resistant.
Seeding Sun and Shade: Best Shady Seed Mix
- Newsom Trio Mix: This mix is excellent for seeding in sun and shade and grows quickly to establish turf.
- Newsom Shade Mix: This mix contains five varieties of seed to help it grow in shady areas.
- LC Shade Mix: This shade mix is formulated for contractors looking for an economical seed solution.
- Newsom Tall Fescue Blend: This blend can tolerate both sun and shade and has been locally adapted from blades in the MD and VA areas.
Our Mid-Atlantic area experiences a good amount of both sun and shade. Don't get stuck with a grass seed that doesn't work for your particular project. Consult with the professionals at Newsom to find the best sun and shade grass seed available in the region.Scroll